Saturday, September 6, 2008

Toddlers Are Awesome

You can turn anything into a game.  Including being quiet.  Magnus snuck in a nap yesterday, so he didn't want t go to bed at bed time.  I laid in his room with him on the big bed and we played the Quiet Game.  As soon as his busy toddler body stopped moving, he started to get sleepy.  

He's in a pretty good mood today.  I helped him make his breakfast, and we played a bit.  Hopefully he's getting used to me.  Linda thinks Magnus also might be a bit resentful of me because Maria (their last au pair) is gone and I moved into Maria's room.  Magnus loved Maria, and I'm the stranger that took her place.

My Norwegian has improved in the week that I've been here.  I have added more words to my vocabulary and I'm begining to get the word tenses right.  The word order is still a mystery to me.  I'm also getting used to the small differences- you get "on" bed, not "in" bed; you go "on" the street, not "in" the street.  I'm also not mixing my Spanish with my Norwegian quite as much.  

I have noticed my English is deteriorating, I'm starting to speak and write in Norwegianized English unless I'm careful.  

Today is my day off, but I think I'm staying in for most of the day.  It's quite rainy out today.  I'll probably go to the store a bit later for some Cola Light.  Highly exciting.:P

No comments: