Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Rest of the Story (Part 1)

The morning, surprisingly, went smoother than I expected.  Thomas was around for a little bit to help me get the kids ready.  They were ready to go in plenty of time.  We would have walked to school, but Magnus slept in.  He'd had a series of bad dreams in the night.  

Magnus was in a cheerful mood depsite his lack of sleep, lack of parents, and a hurting butt.  He rode up to kindergarten on my shoulders since walking wasn't comfortable for him.  We had a good walk.  He spit in my hair, but not on purpose.  He got a spider web in his mouth, and he forgot he had my head under him when he spit it out.  He then tried to clean me off, which meant he mashed and rubbed the spit further into my hair.  I thanked him for his help, and we had a fun journey looking for mushrooms and ducking under the low branches.

It was painting day in kindergarten:

The teacher suggested Magnus use the blue paint to make water, Magnus decided to see if it tasted like water.

My first real hiccup in the day came when I was planning dinner.  Pig in the blankets are easy to make and a kid favorite, I figured I could make it semi-healthy with a side of a vegetable.  I figured I might not be able to find Pilsbury Crecent Rolls, but I could find some kind of refrigerated or frozen dough that would work.  No such luck.  

What else to kids like?  They've already seen the hotdogs and want something with hotdogs.  With sheer luck I find frozen pocket pitas.  It's all coming together in my head.  Hotdogs, veggies, some cheese in a pita.  More fun if they fill their own pitas.  Awesome.

Now it's time to pick up Matthias and go cook before the kids' parties.

No comments: