Saturday, September 6, 2008

More Progress With Magnus

Magnus and I have had several major steps forward in our relationship.

First, he bumped his head on the cabinet door.  "Ouwa!" he says and his eyes fill with tears.  Indeat of running for mom or dad, he turns to be and says "blase" (blow).  I'd fortunately seen Thomas blow on and ouwa earlier, so I knew how to do it.  I blew gently on his head, then gave him a kiss.  Everything was better.

Later that day he came and visited me in my room for the first time.  I heard foot steps on my stairs, and was surprised to see Magnus's head coming up my stairs instead of Aurora's.  With typical toddler x-ray vision, Magnus immediately saw the bag of candy that was behind me and my computer.  "Og den?"(what's that?) he points and asks as he runs across the floor.  He deserved a reward for coming to see me, so I took a strawberry foam squar out of my bag and handed it to him.  He toddled happily down the stairs with his new prize.

This morning he came up to my room again.  He actually came to visit me instead of his parents when he woke up.  I showed him my stuffed dog.  He liked thought it was hilarious that it was bigger than he was.  He petted my dog, kissed it, and attempted to pull out it's tongue.  He did listen to me, however, when I told him he should be nice to my stuffed dog and not hurt it.  He then wanted me to spin him around in my red chairs and for me to read him a story.

Soon after, Aurora made her way up the stairs and the party started.  We wrestled, we danced, we pretended to be different animals, and I gave "hest" (horse) rides.  Lots of fun was had by everyone.  

No comments: