Saturday, January 17, 2009

Krakow in Photos


I've thought about it, and I really don't have a narrative for Krakow. I have random stories and adventures, but nothing I can set into a sequential series of events. That's kind of how Krakow felt to me, however, so maybe that's the best way to write about it. Krakow is a very mellow and livable city. In some ways it's not unlike Western Europe, but it also has that unique flavor that's only found in Central and Eastern Europe.

Things are just a little off-center, just a little different. That's where Krakow's charm really lies. You walk through the streets and at first it feels like Anycity, Europe. There's good shopping, well- dressed people from every corner of the globe, and a mix of new and ancient buildings. And just as I get settled into the notion that this is a city like any other, I see something that makes me pause and smile.





*There's more pics from my first two days on the sidebar. There's also info in the captions of the photos in my album.

No comments: