Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tønsberg Slottsfjellet

I visited the Slottsfjellet (Castle Mountain) last week, and just now have the capabilities to post my pictures.  

This is a picture of a small harbor on the way to the castle.

This is the oldest settlement in Norway, and was in use from 871-1871.  

A picture out over the fjord.  In the very top right corner, trees conceal the runway of the dropzone.

Another picture of the fjord looking back toward town.

This is a view from the top of the tower.  This is another view of the town with the fjord in the back.  The large buildings in the center are the shopping center.

Another couple of views from the tower, this time of the ruins surrounding the castle.

My friend, Anna.

I love the rooftops here.  They're either covered in gorgeous shingles or plants and trees.

A view of the inside of the tower.  They renovated the buidling in 1971, that's why the brickwork looks relatively new.  I'm not sure if the cross was left over from viking days or not.  I didn't quite trust my Norwegian enough to ask an employee.

No comments: