Saturday, November 29, 2008

Budapest- The Hostel

I was pleased to find out that the hostel was very easy to find and just a short walk from where I was eating. I was buzzed into the building and wandered up to the second floor where the hostel was located. A chain-smoking but pleasant guy is waiting for me in front of the hostel. He shows me in and to the room I'll be staying in.




I was happy to see the room was clean and there was only one other person staying in the room at the moment. I chose to stay on the bottom bunk of a bunk bed, then I was shown to the lockers in the other room. The hostel owner gave me a lock, which I didn't use, and told me I could pick any locker I wanted.

Upon close examination of the lockers I noticed they had cardboard backs that were held in place by staples. One locker had the back pried off it in the bottom corner. I chose the locker that was butted up against the wall, used my own lock, and decided I'd keep my valuables on me. I brought a bike lock to chain my backpack to my bed, and was now thankful for my preparedness.

After getting settled, I left the hostel for my first walk around the city.

No comments: